Have you lost your North Carolina EBT Card or has it been stolen or the magnetic stripe on the back of the card no longer reads at an EBT terminal? if your answer is Yes, then it is important that you replace it right away. Simply go through this article for information on how you can replace lost North Carolina Ebt card.
If you fail to report your lost or stolen EBT card, you can not access your benefits. This will make someone else who has your card to use your North Carolina food stamp benefits to purchase food items for themselves.
Follow the step by step process below to report and replace lost North Carolina EBT card, even if it is stolen. Furthermore, if you notice someone has attempted to use your card without permission, you will see the contact information to report food stamp fraud in this page. However, see how to apply for how to Apply for Disaster Food Stamps in North Carolina
Step Guide To Replace Lost North Carolina EBT Card
- The first step to take is to report the card as lost, stolen or damaged to the North Carolina EBT help desk by calling the EBT customer service number at 888-622-7328 or visit the local food stamp office.
- Once you have reported your lost or stolen card and as well request a replacement North Carolina EBT Card, the help desk or food stamp office will then deactivate that card so the system does not have multiple active cards for the same account, this is done for security reasons.
- Upon replacement of your EBT Card, they will assign the information about the old card to the new replacement EBT card. This includes your PIN (selected or assigned), which must be added to the card’s magnetic stripe.
- Also, they will add the information about the card (i.e the card number), along with the PIN, to the EBT system’s database and linked to the cardholders food stamp benefits account.
- Finally, the help desk or food stamp office will now deliver the new EBT card to you. Once you receive the new card, you have to contact the food stamp office to activate the card so you will be able to continue your food stamp balance.
- Because of how important your EBT card is to you, the state agency would need to replace the EBT card within 2 business days following notice by the household to the state agency. However, the state may request a waiver to allow for a longer replacement time.
NOTE: If you call to report your North Carolina EBT card lost or stolen, remember to ask them how long it will take to receive the replacement card.
To report North Carolina food stamp fraud, simply call 866-719-0141.
RECOMMENDED: How To Check Your North Carolina EBT Card Balance