If you are a resident in Louisiana, to create LA CAFE Account on the dcfs.la.gov website is very easy. Once done, you will be able to apply for Louisiana Food Stamp benefits. dcfs.la.gov is the official website used by the Louisiana Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) to manage
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP, formerly known as Food Stamps)
- Family Independence Temporary Assistance Program (FITAP)
- Kinship Care Subsidy Program (KCSP)
- Child Support Enforcement Services, Louisiana Combined Application Project (LaCAP)
- Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP).
This article will guide you on the step by step process to create LA CAFE account in order to help you apply for the benefits or manage your benefits.
Step Guide To Create LA CAFE Account
- In order to set up your account, click here to visit the website.
- Click on the “Create Account” link to begin the La CAFE account registration process.
- You will be taken to a page where you will enter the following information to create your account: Name, Email Address, User ID, Password and in (6 numbers).
- After providing the required information, you then enter the Security Check, which is a six-digit of numbers and letters you have to enter into a box to proceed.
- Finally, to proceed with the remaining process. kindly to check the box at the bottom to accept Louisiana’s User Acceptance Agreement. Once done, click on the “Create Account” button at the bottom of the page to be taken to the next step.
- Next, enter security questions and answers. Then click the “Submit” button. You may see a “Login Warning” pop-up, which you will have to accept to proceed.
- Then you have successfully created your LA CAFE account.
READ ALSO: Food Stamps Income limit 2019
Now you have successfully completed the LA CAFE account registration, you can now proceed and do the following:
- Apply online benefits, including Food Stamps/SNAP, FITAP, KCSP or Child Support
- Check the status of a recently submitted application
- Check the status of your Child Support Enforcement Application Fee payment
- Submit an Application for Continued Assistance (Redetermination) for SNAP, FITAP, or KCSP View information on your SNAP, FITAP, or KCSP benefits or information on your Child Support Enforcement case(s) and payments
- Submit a Simplified Report for SNAP and associated FITAP or KCSP cases
- Report a change to your information that may affect benefits (like income or change of address)
- Enroll in LaCAP after receiving a letter from DCFS, or re-enroll to continue receiving your LaCAP benefits
- View notifications which may remind you about important information relating to your benefits Update your online account information (password, pin, security questions, etc.)
The following programs are currently available through LA CAFÉ:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) (formerly Food Stamps): Provides monthly benefits that help low-income households buy the food they need for good health
- Family Independence Temporary Assistance Program (FITAP): Provides temporary cash assistance to eligible low-income families who need assistance for children
- Kinship Care Subsidy Program (KCSP): Provides cash assistance for eligible children who reside with qualified relatives other than parents
- Child Support Enforcement Services: Provides parent locator and paternity establishment services, as well as assistance to establish and enforce child and/or medical support orders and collection and distribution of child support payments
- Louisiana Combined Application Project (LaCAP): LaCAP is a food assistance program for Louisiana residents who are at least 60 years of age and receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
For any issues or further assistance in regards to how to create LA CAFE account, you can call DCFS Customer Service Center at 1-888-LAHELPU (1-888-524-3578) or visit your nearest DCFS office location.