Are you a Pennsylvania resident who is currently receiving SNAP, and you want to renew Pennsylvania Food Stamps at www.compass.state.pa.us renew benefits portal, then this article is for you. Here we shall outline the step guide process on how to renew your benefits through the compass website, provided you have a PA Compass benefits account.
In the state of Pennsylvania, it’s the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services (DHS) that is in charge of administering and managing the Pennsylvania Food Stamps program to approved households. The COMPASS website is designed and managed by the DHS. It is’ from the website that residents can access many of Pennsylvania’s health and human services benefits online.
Benefits Of COMPASS website
The COMPASS website www.compass.state.pa.us is a single access point for application of:
1. Health Care Coverage
- Medical Assistance
- Medicaid for Former Foster Care Youth
- Medical Assistance for Workers with Disabilities (MAWD)
- Medicare Savings Program (MSP)
- Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
- Health Insurance Marketplace
2. Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
3. Cash Assistance
4. Long Term Living Services – Home and Community Based
5. Long Term Living Services – Nursing Home and Related Facilities
6. Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
7. Free or Reduced Price School Meals
8. Child Care Works
www.compass.state.pa.us renew benefits
The COMPASS website provides a fast and easy way for Pennsylvania citizens to access public benefits at any time and anywhere. Once you create your account online, you can
- Apply for new benefits
- Upload your verification documents
- Check the status of your benefits application
- Renew existing benefits
- View and manage your benefit information
- Report changes to your case
- Learn more about benefits and see if you qualify
- Receive e-Notices
Note that the easiest way to apply for any Pennsylvania public assistance program is through the Department of Health and Human Services COMPASS Website Compass.state.pa.us. But first, you must create a Compass.state.pa.us account online. So, if you are yet to do so, follow the below step by step process to complete the whole process.
How to Create Compass.state.pa.us Account
Follow the below step by step guide to create a PA COMPASS account to manage your benefits.
- To sign up for COMPASS account, visit the PA COMPASS website.
- At the homepage, press the “LOGIN/REGISTER” at the top right side of the page.
- Next, you will be taken to the COMPASS account registration form. From there, just begin to fill your personal information such as First Name, Last Name, Date of Birth, Email Address.
- After that, enter your Username (you can also choose to use your email as your username) and Password.
- Note that you can also you the same username and password you created for your COMPASS account, to access other Commonwealth services, such as Pennsylvania Child Welfare Information Solution, PA Disaster Training Registration, PA Child Support Program, and JobGateway.
- After choosing your username and password, kindly proceed to the next step, which is selecting and answering three secret questions that will be used to help you log into your account should in case you forget your username or password.
- To complete the process, you have to select program options. This allows you to connect your existing case to your COMPASS account.
- After, accept the “Terms and Conditions” by checking the box below and click “Register” to proceed to complete the whole process.
That’s how to successfully create a COMPASS account. Form there, you can proceed to apply, manage or renew your benefits.
www.compass.state.pa.us Renew Benefits Step Guide
In order to renew Pennsylvania Food Stamps benefits or any other government benefits and assistance in Pennsylvania, you must visit the Pennsylvania COMPASS website.
Before you proceed, to renew benefits online, you must have received a renewal notice in the mail. So, visit the COMPASS website to renew your benefits, you must identify yourself by providing your Social Security Number, County/Case Record, and Renewal Due Date. Your County/Case Record and your Renewal Due Date are on the renewal notice. Now follow the steps below to renew Pa Food Stamps online.
1. Visit www.compass.state.pa.us
2. At the homepage, you will see the “Renew your Benefits” link as shown below.
3. Click on the “Renew your Benefits” link.
4. On the next page, you will see benefits to renew. You are only allowed to renew benefits for one department at a time. Benefits to renew at Pa COMPASS website include:
- Department of Human Services Benefit(s): Medical Assistance, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
- (Food Stamps) Benefits, Cash Assistance, Home and Community Based Services Waiver, or Long Term Living
- Services – Nursing Home and Related Facilities
- Department of Human Services Benefit: Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
- Department of Human Services Benefit: Child Care Works Subsidized Child Care Redetermination
- Apply for LIHEAP (Using your COMPASS Registration Number).
5. Kindly choose to renew the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (Food Stamps) Benefits.
6. Next, provide your Social Security Number, County/Case Record, and Renewal Due Date as required.
7. Click the “Sign In” button at the right side bottom of the page to proceed.
8. Kindly follow the on-screen instruction to complete the renewal process.
Once you are done, your benefits will be successfully renewed and you will continue to receive your benefits again.
If you want to know your Pennsylvania EBT card balance, you may read this article about how to check the Pennsylvania EBT card balance to learn the three options for checking the Pennsylvania ACCESS card balance.
COMPASS Website Contact
If you have other questions or need additional information, please call the HELPLINE 1-800-692-7462 between 8:30 a.m. and 4:45 p.m. Monday through Friday. If you are hearing impaired, call TTY/TTD at 1-800-451-5886.
For any additional questions about www.Compass.state.pa.us renew benefits website, you can use the comments section below.