Over time, we have been receiving series of question from our reader Does Walmart Accept EBT Card/Food Stamp?, Can I Use my EBT Card at Walmart?, Does Walmart Take EBT Card? etc. So, in today’s post, we are going to address the issues and give an answer to that question. So I want you to read on carefully this article to know if Walmart takes food stamp.
In case you don’t know, Walmart, being one of the world’s largest retailers has over 4,200 stores across the United States. Furthermore, they are also the largest overall employer in the United States. So, if you actually want to know if Walmart accepts EBT cards, Well, the truth is that Walmart does accept EBT cards as a means of payment at their stores nationwide.
Does Walmart Accept EBT Card/Food Stamp?
With your EBT card, you can easily redeem your Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits at Walmart store. Once you pick the items you want to purchase, you can check out at any of their available point-of-sale terminals using your EBT card.
In order to checkout, just swipe your card, and you’ll be prompted to type your 4-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN). Ensure it’s only eligible food items that you select when redeeming SNAP benefits at Walmart using your EBT card.
You are not allowed to purchase the following items at Walmart
- Household products
- Prepared/hot food
- Cleaning supplies
You can check below for eligible food items you can purchase at Walmart stores, using your EBT card.
- Bread and cereal
- Dairy products (milk, yogurt, cheese, etc.)
- Seafood (fish, shellfish, etc.)
- Ice Cream & Popsicles
- Fresh, Frozen and Canned Fruits
- Red Meat (steak, ground beef, ribs, etc.)
- Candy (Snickers, M&M’s, etc.)
- Fresh, Frozen and Canned Vegetables
- Seeds, Nuts, and Plants
- Bakery Items (cake, brownies, cookies, etc.)
- Poultry (chicken breast, chicken thighs, chicken drumsticks, turkey breast, etc.)
- Pork products (pork chops, pork tenderloin, bacon, pork sausage, etc.)
- Cooking Oils (olive oil, vegetable oil, coconut oil, etc.)
- Soft Drinks & Energy Drinks (Pepsi, Sprite, Red Bull, etc.)
- Snack Crackers and Chips (Doritos, Wheat Thins, Ritz Crackers, etc.)
I strongly believe that this article was very helpful to you. Please don’t forget to share this post on your favorite social media.