Families and individuals with low income who lives in Virginia can be eligible for Virginia SNAP Application. The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) serves as the first line of defense against hunger for Virginia residents.
With Virginia SNAP benefits, families with low income can buy nutritious food using their Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) cards given to them.
SNAP recipients can spend their benefits to buy eligible food in authorized retail food stores. Youcan check here to see the foods which recipients can spend their benefits on.
Virginia Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program has been helping and providing crucial support to needy households with food assistance.
Eligibility For Virginia SNAP Application
For you to quaily for this benefit program, you must reside in the state of Virginia and also fall into one of two groups:
(1) Residents with a current bank balance (savings and checking combined) under $2,001.
(2) Residents with a current bank balance (savings and checking combined) under $3,001 who share their household with a person or persons age 60 and over, or with a person with a disability (a child, your spouse, a parent, or yourself).
It is required that you provide the following documents before you proceed to apply for the benefits.
- Complete Department of Social Services Application for Benefits
- Verification of citizenship or eligible immigrant status
- Proof of identity
- Verification of residency
- Proof of verification of all household income
- Verification of household assets
- Social Security number or proof of application for all members in household.
Virginia SNAP Application Process
Once the above documents are ready, and you know that you are eligible, you can begin to apply online. Furthermore, It is required that only one member of the households needs to apply for the total household. Moreover, everyone living in the household needs to be included in the application along with their income.
Once you are done applying online, you will be called for a face-to-face interview, and then you also have to provide proof of verifications for information like income, residency, and expenses.
SEE ALSO: Disaster Unemployment Assistance Program
Furthermore, you can also identify and contact your local county Department of Social Services (DWS) office by checking: http://www.dss.state.va.us/localagency/index.html