With Food Benefits, people with little or no money can buy enough food for healthy meals. On this page is the procedure for Kentucky Food Stamps Application, as approved individuals or household will be provided with an EBT card, which can be used to buy food for good health.
Who is Eligible for Kentucky SNAP benefits?
Any household who meet the basic income and other requirements may be able to receive SNAP benefits
First, you must be a resident of the state of Kentucky. Applicants must register for work provided they are between 16 and 60 years of age and are qualified for work.
Furthermore, all applicants will have to meet income eligibility guidelines in order to receive SNAP (Food Stamps) benefits.
- The annual household income for a household of one person should be less than $14,079.
- For a household of two, the annual income should be below $18,941.
- Household of three, $23,803 is the annual income limit.
- For a household of four, $28,665 is the income limit.
- A total household of five, the income limit is set at $33,527.
- For larger households, you can add $4,862 to household’s annual income for each additional person.
How To Go About Kentucky Food Stamps Application
- To apply for the program, you must first download and fill out an application form. Use this link to download it now. http://chfs.ky.gov/NR/rdonlyres/4FDE0101… (PDF)
- After that, kindly return the application to your nearest Department for Community Based Services (DCBS) office via email or fax, or in person.
- Once done filing and submitting your application, you will be sent a notification within 30 days stating whether or not your household has been approved for SNAP benefits.
- Once your household is approved, you will receive a letter telling you the number of benefits you will receive and advising you when you have to be interviewed again to continue receiving benefits.
Your household will receive an Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card in the mail along with instructions on how to activate the card in order to access your food benefit account.