Do you know that you can use your SNAP benefits to shop for groceries online at participating online stores? This article will explain in detail the easy way to shop for groceries online with your EBT card. As you can currently use your Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits to shop online for fresh produce and groceries.
In this time of coronavirus pandemic hit, people across the country have been forced to avoid going out in public and stay at home, online ordering and delivery for basic necessities like groceries have been on the rise.
Ever since the U.S. Department of Agriculture launched the online pilot program which enables recipients of Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program benefits to shop online with their benefits, participating stores like Amazon, ShopRite, Walmart. SNAP participants can be able to use their benefits to order and pay for eligible food items but not service or delivery charges.
Online Store To Shop With EBT Card
SNAP participants can now shop online for fresh produce and groceries. This means you can use your EBT card to shop securely for fresh produce and groceries at these participating online stores that now accept SNAP benefits for online orders and will deliver to you. They include:
So, as you can see, Walmart, Amazon, and ShopRite are offering shoppers the option of making online purchases with food stamps and having them delivered.
Note: You can not use your SNAP benefits to pay for the delivery fees. So, ensure to confirm an online store delivers to your home address.
ALSO READ: Coronavirus Effects on Food Stamp Recipients
By visiting the Amazon online store as food stamp beneficiaries, you will have free access to its various services. This includes AmazonFresh service, which delivers groceries and fresh produce to your doorstep. And also Prime Pantry, which provides everyday sizes of canned goods and shelf-stable foods.
How To Use Your SNAP Benefits To Shop for Groceries Online
The process of placing an online order with your Snap benefits is very simple. In fact, it’s just the same way as paying with debit or credit cards. Once done, you will have your ordered groceries and fresh produce delivered to your doorstep. Do not consider online shopping as being luxury, online groceries are priced the same as they are in store.
- In order to place an order online for your groceries, visit any of the participating online shops like Amazon, ShopRite, and Walmart.
- Let’s take the Walmart Grocery website, for instance, when you visit the site, enter your ZIP codes and select your local store.
- Then shop for eligible groceries online by adding food items to your cart. (In order to identify which items on Amazon are eligible for purchase with SNAP, simply look for the “SNAP EBT eligible” label near the product name).
- Once done, at the checkout section, select a pickup time and choose “EBT card” as your payment option.
- Now, you have to add your SNAP EBT card to pay for the eligible groceries you ordered online.
- After your grocery order has been successfully placed, you will have to go for pick up.
- When you get to the Walmart Pickup location, the Walmart Associate will know that you are an EBT customer and will allow you to swipe your EBT card to pay for those items that are EBT-eligible.
- Should in case you pick any items that are not EBT-eligible, the Associate will then take payment with another credit/debit card.
How to Buy Amazon Groceries Online with SNAP EBT Card
Amazon is yet another store that has been approved for the USDA’s Online Purchasing Pilot and has launched delivery for EBT Cardholders. So, you are free to use your EBT card to shop and purchase food online for delivery.
Follow the steps below to order groceries online with your EBT card.
1. Open your device browser and visit the Amazon website and log in to your Amazon account.
2. If you don’t have an Amazon account, press the “Create your Amazon account” and proceed by entering your email and password to sign-in.
3. Input your food stamps card to your Amazon account here. Type in your SNAP EBT card number and submit. Then type your delivery zip code after that, you will know whether or not your zip code is eligible for delivery on purchases using your EBT card. If eligible, press the “Add your SNAP EBT Card” button to add your Card.
4. Now proceed to shop for your groceries online. Also use Amazon Grocery, Amazon Fresh, or Amazon Grocery to purchase groceries online.
5. Once done shopping, proceed to checkout and select “EBT” as payment. Then enter your 4-digit PIN for your Washington EBT Card to place your order.
NOTE: You cannot use your food stamp benefits or EBT Card to pay for shipping or delivery fees. If you do not have Amazon Prime and would like free delivery, be sure to meet the free shipping minimums for each program.
If you face any challenges or you experience any difficulty in using your SNAP benefits to shop for groceries online, kindly use the comment section below. Also, ensure to share this article on any social media platform to help inform others by using the share button.