Its only with your Georgia EBT card that you will use to access your benefits and purchase food at stores that accept food stamps. So, if your EBT card has been stolen or lost, you need to file a report. When you Fail to report immediately, it could cause a delay in accessing your benefits, or case someone in possession of your card to use your Georgia food stamp benefits to purchase items for themselves.
This article will provide you with detailed step by step process on how you can report lost Georgia EBT card or stolen Ebt card. You can report your card stolen or lost online or you call EBT help desk.
READ ALSO: How To Check Ebtedge Food Stamp Balance
Should in case someone try to use your card without your permission, you can report food stamp fraud by calling the contact number which we shall give out on this page.
How To Report Lost Georgia EBT Card
Follow the outline processes below to report your lost, stolen or damaged EBT card.
- If your card is stolen, lost or damage, the first thing to do is to report to the Georgia EBT customer service by calling 888-421-3281 | TTY: 844-622-4023 or to your local food stamp office. To report Georgia food stamp fraud call 877-423-4746.
- As soon as you have called in to report and request a replacement Georgia EBT Card, the customer service or food stamp office will then deactivate the lost or stolen card so the system does not have multiple active cards for the same account. This is done for security reasons.
- Because they have new Georgia EBT cards in inventory, they will assign the information of your old card to the new replacement EBT card. Such information includes your PIN (selected or assigned), which must be added to the card’s magnetic stripe.
- After that, the card information (card number, PIN) will be added to the EBT system’s database and linked to your food stamp benefits account.
- Next is to send out your replacement EBT card to you. Once you receive the new card, you have to contact the food stamp office to activate the card so you can proceed to use your food stamp balance.
It takes 2 business days following notice by the household to the state agency, to replace the EBT card. Sometimes, the state may request a waiver to allow for a longer replacement time. However, in some states, they may charge a replacement fee, which usually is taken from your food stamp balance. It’s wise to ask them to verify if there are any charges for requesting a new replacement card.
The comment box is open for any question regarding your EBT card or Food Stamp.