Are you a Washington food stamps recipient with an EBT card? If Yes, then you can use your Washington EBT Card online to buy groceries for delivery. So, this article will explain in full details on how to buy groceries online with your Washington EBT Card.
Buy the end of this post, you will learn about:
- EBT Online Purchasing Pilot Program
- Where you can use your Washington EBT online
- How to use your Washington EBT online
- What you can buy with Washington EBT online
EBT Online Purchasing Pilot Program
The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) announced a pilot program for online EBT purchases in 2017. The program gives EBT Cardholders access to order groceries online for delivery or pick-up.
The program was only launched in some selected states which include New York, New Jersey, Alabama, Iowa, Oregon, Washington, Nebraska, and Maryland.
So, currently, Washington food stamp recipients can now be able to use their EBT Card online to purchase groceries at select grocery merchants. Check out the list of grocery stores that accept Washington EBT online and participate in the USDA’s Online Purchasing Pilot.
Where To Use Washington EBT Card Online
Currently, your Washington EBT Card can be used to purchase groceries online at Walmart and Amazon. As of now, these are the only two retailers you can use your Washington EBT card online. In time to come, more retailers will be approved for EBT online.
How to Buy Groceries Online with your Washington EBT
We shall outline how you can easily buy use your Washington EBT card to buy groceries online at Walmart and Amazon.
How To Buy Walmart Groceries Online with Washington EBT Card
Since Walmart participates in the USDA’s Online Purchasing Pilot, and they offer online grocery purchases with EBT for pick-up and not for delivery. So, in order to shop online for groceries with your Washington EBT card, follow the instructions outlined below.
1. Visit the Walmart Grocery website at www.grocery.walmart.com to order groceries online at Walmart.
2. Input your zip code to find the Walmart store location near you. This is the location in which you will pick-up your online grocery order.
3. After choosing your Walmart location, now proceed to shop for grocery items online. Once done, then add shopping for EBT eligible items, add them to your shopping cart.
4. Now, proceed to pay for your order online at the payment section. Just select EBT Card and enter your Washington EBT Card information (EBT card number and PIN) to complete checkout.
NOTE: It’s possible for you to split your order with another payment method including a credit or debit card.
5. Once your order has been successfully placed, you will receive a notification when your groceries are ready for pick-up. Ensure you go along with your Washington EBT Card and ID to pick-up your online grocery order.
All Walmart grocery stores accept EBT cards as payment in Washington. So you can use your EBT card to purchase groceries online at Walmart.
How to Buy Amazon Groceries Online with Washington EBT Card
Amazon is yet another store that has been approved for the USDA’s Online Purchasing Pilot and has launched delivery for EBT Cardholders in Washington. So, residents of Washington with EBT card can shop and purchase food online for delivery.
Follow the steps below to order groceries online with the Washington EBT card.
1. Open your device browser and visit the Amazon website and log in to your Amazon account.
2. If you don’t have an Amazon account, press the “Create your Amazon account” and proceed by entering your email and password to sign-in.
3. Input your Washington food stamps card to your Amazon account here. Type in your SNAP EBT card number and submit. Then type your delivery zip code after that, you will know whether or not your zip code is eligible for delivery on purchases using your Washington EBT card. If eligible, press the “Add your SNAP EBT Card” button to add your Card.
4. Now proceed to shop for your groceries online. Also use Amazon Grocery, Amazon Fresh, or Amazon Grocery to purchase groceries online.
5. Once done shopping, proceed to checkout and select “EBT” as payment. Then enter your 4-digit PIN for your Washington EBT Card to place your order.
NOTE: You cannot use your food stamp benefits or EBT Card to pay for shipping or delivery fees. If you do not have Amazon Prime and would like free delivery, be sure to meet the free shipping minimums for each program.
Discounted Amazon Prime Membership
Do you know that you can get over 50% OFF Amazon Prime when you sign up with your EBT Card. With the Amazon Prime EBT discount, you can get all the great benefits of Prime at a fraction of the cost.
For just $5.99 per month you get all these EBT Amazon Prime benefits:
- One-Day FREE Shipping on millions of eligible Amazon items
- Two-Day FREE Shipping on millions of eligible Amazon items
- Access to instantly stream thousands of Free Movies & TV Shows
- Access to Unlimited FREE Prime Music streaming
- FREE 2-Hour Delivery on Prime Now items.
What Can I Buy Online with Washington EBT Card
You are only allowed to buy eligible food stamps items with your Washington EBT. That is items that are sold to be eaten at home. This includes meat, seafood, snack foods, nonalcoholic beverages, soft drinks, and much more. Also, you can also buy plants and seeds to grow food at home.
You cannot use your Washington EBT card to buy groceries online that are considered hot or prepared food. In addition to that, you cannot buy vitamins, medicine, or any other nonfood items.
Check out the complete list of eligible food stamps items that you can and cannot buy online with your Washington EBT card.
If you need help when you want to buy groceries online with Washington EBT Card at Amazon or Walmart, kindly use the comments section below to let us know.