If you are one of those asking this question Does AmazonFresh Accept EBT? then be rest assured that you will find the answer to that question. In this article, you will get a piece of detailed information about how AmazonFresh works and whether you can as well use your EBT card to make purchases using the service.
What is Amazon Fresh?
According to Amazon.com, AmazonFresh is a grocery delivery and pickup service available exclusively to Amazon Prime members in select cities which include:
- North California
- Northern Virginia
Currently, Prime members in the above-selected cities can shop for groceries, everyday essentials, favorites from local shops and restaurants, and more with AmazonFresh.
How Can I Sign Up for Amazon Fresh?
In order to register for AmazonFresh, you’ll first need to obtain an Amazon Prime membership, which costs $12.99 for a month.
- Go to Sign-up for AmazonFresh page.
- Select Start your 30-day free trial.
- Then follow the on-screen instructions, if prompted to complete the whole process.
AmazonFresh is $14.99 a month and is only available to Amazon Prime members. Also, delivery is free for AmazonFresh orders $50 or more.
Benefits of Amazon Fresh
Below are the benefits of being an AmazonFresh membership:
- Convenience: You can place an order in the morning for same-day service or order your groceries at night and have them delivered in the morning. You can choose to be present at the time of the delivery or have Amazon leave the items at your doorstep.
- More Choices: In addition to groceries, AmazonFresh delivers household essentials, Personal Care, Health & Beauty and specialties from local shops and markets.
The video below best explain how the process works, including the delivery service.
What can I buy on AmazonFresh?
- Groceries: Whole Foods products, produce prepared foods, deli, dairy, frozen foods, meat & seafood, meal kits, beverages, bread, snacks, etc.
- Household, Health & Beauty: Cleaning supplies, over-the-counter essentials, personal care items, baby products, and pet supplies
- Local Market: Local products, such as prepared meals, pressed juice and baked goods, can be delivered right to your door with the rest of your AmazonFresh order.
Does AmazonFresh Accept EBT?
Amazon.com is getting ready to accept EBT for purchases online starting in 2019. But currently, they have not started and we are expecting that they will soon start according to an update from the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA).
Amazon is one of the retailers selected for a USDA pilot that began in 2017.
Since Amazon Fresh is a grocery delivery service, only Amazon Prime customers who also have Amazon Fresh will be able to use the service when Amazon starts accepting EBT for online purchase.
Amazon offers a FREE 30-day trial of AmazonFresh. At the end of your trial period, you will automatically be upgraded to a paid membership unless you cancel. You need Amazon Prime in order to sign up for AmazonFresh. Provided you have an EBT Card, you can sign up for Amazon Prime (click on the link and button above).
While Amazon has not begun to accept EBT online for purchases, including for Amazon Fresh, the USDA expects Amazon and other retailers to start accepting EBT in 2019, based on this February 2019 update.
For any questions about how AmazonFresh works, drop it in the comments box. Also, if this post on “Does AmazonFresh Accept EBT?” was helpful to you, help us and share it on social media by using the Share button below.