Delaware Assist Login is an online application portal for citizens of Delaware to apply for various health and social service programs including Food Stamps. Food stamps are part of the Food Supplement Program that enables low-income families to purchase various approved food that promotes better nutrition and health.
By visiting www.assist.dhss.delaware.gov, individuals and community-based organizations can have access to the screen and apply for a wide range of social service programs that include the following:
- Long Term Care: This benefit offers a wide range of assistance, services or devices provided over an extended period of time and designed to meet medical, personal and social needs in a variety of settings or locations to enable a person to live as independently as possible.
- Medical Assistance: Medicaid program provides medical assistance to eligible low-income families and to eligible aged, blind and/or disabled people in Delaware whose income is insufficient to meet the cost of necessary medical services. Medicaid covers doctor visits, hospital care, labs, prescription drugs, transportation, routine shots for children, mental health and substance abuse services.
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP): LIHEAP helps people in Delaware with low incomes pay their energy bills.
- Food Supplement Program: Food Benefits is a program that enables low-income families to buy various food that is the basis for better nutrition. Benefits are issued electronically every month to the family’s Delaware Food First card. This is an Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card. The food recipient uses this card at local grocery stores to access their food benefits.
- Cash Assistance: This program aids low-income individuals/families based on rules and standards established by the state Division of Social Services.
- Child Care Assistance: Child Care is a program that provides support for families with young children to enable the caretaker to hold a job, obtain training or meet the special needs of the child. Child Care may also be provided in child abuse cases to help protect the child. If you are working, you may have to pay a portion of your child care expenses. You may get a list of Child Care Centers and homes in your area from your DSS Case Manager. You will also be able to get more information on the program rules and fees.
- National School Lunch Program: This provides low cost or free school lunches to eligible children in the state of Delaware.
- Food Bank: The Food Bank of Delaware works in cooperation with a network of community- based nonprofit partner agencies that serve individuals and families in need.
READ ALSO: Food Stamps Income limit 2020
Individuals who don’t have time to go to the office during normal business hours can apply for benefits online through the Delaware Assist Login website, provided they have an online account with ASSIST. However, if you have started your application on the website, you have up to 180 days to complete the application process.
Delaware Assist Login @ assist.dhss.delaware.gov
1. Visit https://assist.dhss.delaware.gov
2. At the right-hand side of the homepage, you will see options like
- Check if you qualify for any benefits
- Apply For Benefits
- Finish Your Application/Renewal
- Check Application Status
- My Account/Change Reporting
- Renew Your Benefits.
3. Whichever function you want to perform, just make your choice by clicking on any option.
4. Next, you will be taken to the login page where you will need to input your existing username and password login details.
5. Kindly type in your correct login details, which are your username and password. Then press the login button to sign in.
If you are unable to sign in to your Delaware ASSIST account, because you have lost your login details, you may need to reset your password. You can do that by providing your telephone number or email address. If you select either email or telephone recovery method, your login details will be sent to you.
Note, the fast and easy way to apply for benefits at any time and anywhere in the state of Delaware is through the Delaware Assist Login portal at assist.dhss.delaware.gov. If you have any questions regarding Delaware ASSIST or you encounter any problems during the Delaware benefits application process, please drop them in the comments section below.