Citizens of Colorado who have lost their jobs through no fault of their own (either laid off, not quit or fired) can now submit their Colorado Unemployment Benefits application form at the Colorado Department of Labor and Employment (CDLE). provided you meet all the Colorado unemployment requirements, you will definitely receive benefits every two weeks until you find a job.
In order to qualify for Colorado unemployment benefits, you must meet up with some certain criteria. On this page, you will learn how to go about the Colorado Unemployment Benefits Application process, the Unemployment benefits eligibility and as well other information you need to know about your benefits.
Colorado Unemployment Benefits Eligibility
- Applicant must be U.S. citizens or legal residents in the U.S.
- Applicant must have lost his/her job through no fault of their own. This may be that you are layoff, or there is lack of work, or maybe a plant closure.
- In order to be eligible, you need to have earned at least $2,500 in wages during your standard base period.
- Applicants must be ready and willing to accept work.
- You must register at the state’s job program Colorado Connects within 4 weeks of the start of your claim. Failure to do so will result losing your benefits.
Documents Needed to file Colorado Unemployment Claim
Colorado law requires that in as much as you are 18 years and above and as well possess proof that you are lawfully in the United States, you can begin drawing benefits. Furthermore, you must provide proof of any of the following forms of identification:
- Colorado driver’s license or Colorado ID card
- Native American tribal document
- U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner card
- U.S. military ID card or military dependent ID card
- A driver’s license or ID card issued by another state or Canada.
- Social Security number
- Home address
- Mailing address
- Telephone number
- A valid email address
To File a Colorado Unemployment Claim, Visit www.colorado.gov/cdle/unemployment and register for MyUI Claimant. However, you can also file a claim through the state’s File-a-Claim call center by calling a Colorado Unemployment number:
- Denver Metro: 303-318-9000
- Spanish Denver Metro: 303-318-9333
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing (TTD)
Denver Metro: 303-318-9016
The phone lines are available Monday and Tuesday, 1 to 4 pm, and Wednesday and Thursday, from 8 am to noon and 1 to 4 pm.
If you need further help, you can visit a Colorado unemployment office, and their representative will help you with the application process, or answer any questions you have.