Nutrition Assistance which is formerly known as Food Stamp Program is Arizona’s program for the Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). To Apply For Food Stamps AZ is easy and super fast. But first, you must be eligible for the benefits.
However, if you do not qualify for Nutrition Assistance benefits, or need help with food during the application process, please contact The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP).
Information Required To Apply For Food Stamps AZ
Are you applying for the first time or renewing your benefits? you may need any of the following pieces of information to complete your application.
- Proof of citizenship and identity for everyone who is applying for benefits.
- Alien Registration Cards, if there are non-U.S. citizens applying for benefits in your household.
- Social Security numbers.
- Birth certificates.
- Name, address and phone number of landlord or neighbor.
- A statement verifying your address and the names of everyone living with you. The statement must be made by a non-relative who doesn’t live with you. It must be signed, dated and include that person’s address and telephone number.
- Proof of ALL money your household received from any source last month and this month.
- Proof showing that your employment ended and last date paid.
Bank or credit union (savings or checking) complete statement for the most recent month.
- Proof of savings bonds, securities, retirement plans and life insurance.
- Evident of rent/mortgage and utility bills (electric, water, gas, etc.) for the most recent month.
- Proof of child care expenses for the most recent month.
- Proof showing all medical expenses for those applying for benefits who are age 60 or older or receive disability benefits.
How To Apply For Food Stamps AZ
There are three ways which you can apply for the Food Stamps AZ. You can submit your completed application and required document using any of the below process. Furthermore, as soon as your application is received, it will be reviewed to determine if you qualify for benefits.
Arizona Food Stamps Application Process
- Kindly complete and submit an online application through Health-e-Arizona Plus.
- Also, you can Download the Application for Benefits with KidsCare Application Addendum send it in by mail, fax, or in person at your local office.
- Request an application at your local office or Call (855) 432-7587 to request a paper application be mailed to you. Once you receive and complete the application, send it in by mail, fax, or in person at your local office.
Once you are done with the application, you will be contacted for an eligibility interview. Then, during the interview your information will be reviewed in order to determine eligibility.